Affiliate Program - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an affiliate program? How does it work?
- How do I get started?
- Who can participate?
- Does it cost anything to participate?
- How are sales tracked from my site?
- How much will I earn? How and when do I get paid?
- What is a parasite? What is your policy regarding parasites?
- I'm signed up, now what?
- How do I create links to Flamencista?
- How do I link to a specific product?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
- I need to contact Flamencista regarding the affiliate program.
1. What is an affiliate program? How does it work?
An affiliate program is a revenue sharing program where the affiliate (that's you!) drives traffic to a merchant's web site (that's us!) in exchange for referral commissions. When a visitor to your site clicks on the affiliate link to our site and completes a purchase, you get a commission on every item they buy!
Once you sign up for and are accepted to our program, you can log in at any time to get our banners and links, find out about commissions earned and even learn about how many impressions each of your links has received.
2. How do I get started?
Step 1: Sign up! If you're already an affiliate, click here to login!
Step 2: We manually review all applications within 3 business days. Once your application is approved, you will be able to login to your account setup banners and text links that you can put on your web site.
Step 3: Collect your commissions, and be one happy Flamencista partner.
3. Who can participate?
Just about anybody! Whether you run a large commercial web site, a small personal blog, a non-profit site, or anything in between you're welcome to apply to join the program.
4. Does it cost anything to participate?
No! As long as you are an active affiliate, all you need to do is keep linking and collect your commissions.
5. How are sales tracked from my site?
Once your application is accepted, you will be given a unique affiliate ID as well as custom-formatted links that will ensure that traffic coming from your site is properly tracked. We maintain a 30-day cookie, meaning that if a visitor clicks on a link from your site, you are credited with the sale as long as the visitor purchases within 30 days.
We record all transactions from your site in real time, meaning that all impressions, links, and sales are tracked instantly. In our Affiliate Control Panel you can see all the reports and tracking resources you'll need to see how you're doing. You can use these reports to find out which of your links are performing the best and to optimize your site for maximum sales.
6. How much will I earn? How and when do I get paid?
All new affiliates can earn commissions of up to 10% based on performance, with a cookie length of 30 days.
7. What is a parasite? What is your policy regarding parasites?
The term "parasite" refers to technology (including browser plug ins, helpers, popups, etc.) that intercepts and changes an affiliate's link. This technology is also known as "unsolicited commercial software" and is often found in Adware and Spyware software. Parasite activity essentially "hijacks" the affiliates link and the affiliate commission gets redirected to the parasite, instead of the affiliate who rightfully earned it. This type of software is normally installed unknowingly, often without the end user's consent.
We are committed to preventing any parasites from becoming part of our program. If we determine that any of our affiliates are parasites, they will immediately be inactivated and banned from the program. Please e-mail us if you suspect that one of our affiliates may be a parasite.
8. I'm signed up, now what?Once your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail welcoming you into our affiliate program. It will include all the instructions you need to get started. If you're ready to start adding links to your site, check out the next section on creating links to Flamencista.
9. How do I create links to Flamencista?
10. How do I link to a specific product?
To link directly to our products, click on the "Create Link" button which you'll find in the products page under the "Add to Bag" button. Then copy and paste the code to your website and you are done!
11. Is there anything else I need to know?
12. I need to contact Flamencista regarding the affiliate program.
The best way to contact us if you have any questions or problems is to e-mail us at email@example.com.